Monday, March 11, 2013

Spontaneity is good, right?

So you know when weekends don't turn out the way you planned? Yes, that was pretty much my weekend. Totally spontaneous and unexpected. Which is good . . . minus the fact that I didn't get nearly enough homework and studying done as I had planned. But, this weekend I decided people are more important than school. (Right? I need validation on this.) On Friday night, I had two events. Yes, two. It was amazing. I never have plans on Friday night, let alone two different events to attend. Although, neither were dates. Still working on the whole dating thing. First, I went to The Wall, a new club-type alcohol-free hangout place in the WILK at BYU. It was actually pretty cool. I went to see my friend's boyfriend's band play (Red Yeti), but come to find out, they weren't going to play till 10 pm. But, I did run into my cousin Wesley there, and found out that my other cousin Sam (Wes's brother) was playing with his band, Red Orange. It was neat. I love running into my cousins.

After that, I head up to Salt Lake to go to the Pie with my friend from Bountiful. I love the Pie. Such good food! The cheese sticks and cinnamon sticks were especially amazing. I don't even want to know how many calories I ate, but every bite was extremely delicious. Since most of the table was full of testosterone, naturally we discussed sports. Almost the whole time. I think we spend 20 minutes arguing who was greater, Lebron James or Michael Jordan. We came to no agreeable conclusion. But, it was worth it. I love Salt Lake, and the whole evening felt like an adventure. Totally worth the drive.

I spent most of Saturday helping my friend with his paper. But, we ended up leaving Provo and heading to Scheels in Sandy. Still, another adventure. I don't want to discuss details, but it was a spontaneous adventure. Maybe I will post the details later . . .

So, in the words of Looney Tunes, that's all folks.

P.S. Sorry no pictures yet. I am still trying to figure out how to blog with pictures. Apparently, I haven't discovered the trick quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment